Send Kristin a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response shortly. Have you already emailed Kristin or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If you select this option, Wyzant will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.
Wheaton College (German)
University of Illinois at Chicago (Graduate Coursework)
Möchten Sie Ihre Deutschkenntnisse verbessern? Or perhaps you're a complete beginner who wants to learn German from the ground up? At whatever level you're on, for whatever reason you have, I can help!
As an instructor of German with 10+ years experience at all levels, from absolutely no prior knowledge of German to advanced speakers, I can help you! My experience includes:
1. Over 20 undergraduate German classes, ranging from beginning to advanced levels, at 4 different colleges and universities.
2. Pre-relocation language training for 40+ individuals and families prior to moving to Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
3. Corporate language training for 20+ German and American companies with employees who need to learn German - typically mid to senior-level executives, sales and marketing personnel, flight attendants, etc.
4. Pre-trip language training for 50+ individuals prior to traveling to Germany, Austria or Switzerland for events ranging from: Oktoberfest, World Cup, Trade Fairs, Rhine River Cruises, visits to family and friends, ski trips, etc.
5. Heritage speakers who need help gaining grammatical structural fluency.
6. Spouses, partners and significant others of German speakers who need to learn German for family purposes (especially those who have tried to learn from their partner and realize this is a bad idea!).
7. Individuals who learned some German 5-60 years ago and are now trying to pick it back up.
8. Complete beginners to advanced-level German language hobbyists!
I have extensive experience and training in German curriculum development, level assessment, and teaching methods. I tailor my lessons to best suit each individual (or group), taking into account prior knowledge, learning styles, learning goals, and available time frames. I can guarantee you that as long as your goal is realistic, with me you will be able to realize it!
As a highly trained and experienced teacher of German, I understand the German language-learning process for speakers of English and am able to anticipate potential difficulties in advance and guide you around them without you even being aware of their existence. With me, you'll get a systematic, intuitive, engaging, communicative and authentic learning experience. You will learn meaningful language from day one, you will absorb grammar intuitively and in context, you will understand everything, and you will do it completely in German!
I can meet you where and when work best for you (as long as I'm available!). And I can provide recommendations, references, course evaluations, or anything else you'd like; just ask!
A bit more about me: In addition to my extensive experience in German language teaching, I am both bilingual and bicultural, having spent half of my life in Germany and half in the United States. I have completed my Bachelor's Degree in German, as well as my Master's Degree coursework in Germanic Studies. One of my greatest joys is teaching, and I truly love the German language and culture. I also have a really fat cat. Möchten Sie Ihre Deutschkenntnisse verbessern? Or perhaps you're a complete beginner who wants to learn German from the ground up? At whatever level you're on, for whatever reason you have, I can help!
As an instructor of German with 10+ years experience at all levels, from
In most cases, tutors gain approval in a subject by passing a proficiency exam. For some subject areas, like music and art, tutors submit written requests to demonstrate their proficiency to potential students. If a tutor is interested but not yet approved in a subject, the subject will appear in non-bold font. Tutors need to be approved in a subject prior to beginning lessons.