Send Christopher a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response shortly. Have you already emailed Christopher or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If you select this option, Wyzant will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.
University of Hawaii at Manoa (Geology)
Professional with over 20 years diversified experience working in engineering, science, and educational outreach with a passion for helping students succeed in school, career goals, sports, or on the job training. As a tutor I am very patient and take time to learn about my student and what works best for him or her. I have over 7 years experience in teaching with great reviews and success from ages six to adult. I am well-educated with three degrees; two in engineering, and one in geology and geophysics from highly accredited schools. I also have published research with NASA and have a second degree black belt in Ng's Gung Fu which includes Fu Chiau Da Chuan, Kajukenbo, Chuan Fa, Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Judo/Jujitsu, Kenpo, Escrima, Chinese and Western Boxing. My strengths are in the math, science, computers, engineering technologies, and both industrial and martial arts. I also work well with special needs students.
Professional with over 20 years diversified experience working in engineering, science, and educational outreach with a passion for helping students succeed in school, career goals, sports, or on the job training. As a tutor I am very patient and take time to learn about my student and what
In most cases, tutors gain approval in a subject by passing a proficiency exam. For some subject areas, like music and art, tutors submit written requests to demonstrate their proficiency to potential students. If a tutor is interested but not yet approved in a subject, the subject will appear in non-bold font. Tutors need to be approved in a subject prior to beginning lessons.
* Used AutoCad in Food Service Machine design and Manufacturing. (2 yrs.)
* Used AutoCad in power plant engineering construction and renovation projects. (4 mo.)
* Set-up/managed/operated the AutoCad facilities for the engineering, procurement, and construction of a power plant.(1 mo.)
* Designed a small house with AutoCad. (1 mo.)
* Martial Arts trainer
* High School Weight Lifting Champion
* Gold "T" Award football
* Workout in kickbox aerobics, HIT, yoga, piliates, zumba, swimming, etc.
* Danced and toured for the Nutmeg Ballet Company
* Water Polo College
* Certified Rescue Diver
* A.S. Degree in Computer-Aided Drafting/Design Engineering Technologies
* A.S. Degree in Automated Systems/Manufacturing Engineering Technologies
* Hardware Experience Pc's MicroSoft Base Systems, Mac's, and Suns (Unix)
* System design and management systems. (5 yrs.)
* 2nd Degree Black Belt in Ng's Gung Fu which include: Fu Chiau Da Chuan, Kajukenbo, Chuan Fa, Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Judo/Jujitsu, Kenpo, Escrima, Chinese and Western Boxing
* Seven years in Traditional Karate (Pacific, International, and Japan)
* Black Sash in Advanced Kick Boxing & Grappling
* Private classes in African Fighting Arts
* Private classes in Kung Fu San Soo
* 10 years teaching and training experience in Hawaii, Florida, and Las Vegas.
* Specializing in Self-Defense and Combat Arts
Unix is the operating system used in the CAD Software Unigraphics which I worked with for 2 year in Connecticut as a Soda-Dispensing Machine Detail Designer; and also used at Northrop Grumman. I also used it as an Engineer-Aide at the Planetary Geoscience Department (Currently Hawaii Institute of Geophysics and Planetology) helping my mentor Paul G. Lucey and staff in Planetary Geoscience Research & Instrumentation Development for four years located at the University of Hawaii at Manoa branch who helped me with my research.