Send Yunn a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response shortly. Have you already emailed Yunn or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If you select this option, WyzAnt will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.
National Taiwan University
Colorado State University (Master's)
I find the most engaging, fun and effective ways to help my students to learn.
I have taught intensive and regular Mandarin Chinese classes in many big cities (D.C., Kansas City, Seattle, Dallas, Houston, Tempe, and Seattle). These were mostly through different foreign language schools, and one was an On-Site corporate training class with the Motorola company. Fun classes are filled with practical and stimulating questions (in Chinese of appropriate level) as well as innovative games, including customized computer games for students who want interesting homework.
I am currently teaching at the Colorado Free University. Also, I am experienced with kids of all ages. I have taught k-12 for the last three years and have held workshops on Mandarin Chinese, Chinese calligraphy, and meditation at various museums, libraries, zen center, corporations, universities, etc. Thousands of my Chinese calligraphy prints with intriguing interpretations have been sold. Examples are "Chaos -- Where brilliant Dreams are Born," "Tao -- A wondrous Journey of the Mind that is willing to see", etc.
Discount for sessions in Denver, if close to Colorado Free University, Sunday evenings only, possible Sunday afternoons : $35/1.25-hr.
Discount for sessions at my location in south Boulder: $35/1.25-hr. I find the most engaging, fun and effective ways to help my students to learn.
I have taught intensive and regular Mandarin Chinese classes in many big cities (D.C., Kansas
MY LOCATION: $35/1.5-hr. STUDENT'S LOCATION within 10 miles of my address: $50/1.5-hrs. I live near 287 & CO 42, Lafayette.
Yunn P. teaches my 4 year old son. She is very creative and comes up with all kinds of ways to keep him interested. She is very conscientious and always on time. She is also great in calligraphy. She has been with us for four months and my son can read some words, count and he loves it.
She makes it easier to learn. She's always calm and insightful. She's a very good Mandarin tutor...I would highly recommend her to anyone.
In most cases, tutors gain approval in a subject by passing a proficiency exam. For some subject areas, like music and art, tutors submit written requests to demonstrate their proficiency to potential students. If a tutor is interested but not yet approved in a subject, the subject will appear in non-bold font. Tutors need to be approved in a subject prior to beginning lessons.
- Native Mandarin-Chinese speaker.
- Taught intensive and regular Mandarin-Chinese language classes at many big cities -- D.C., Houston, Dallas, Kansas City, Tempe, Seattle, Denver, etc. Most of these are through foreign language schools. One was an on-site training class at Motorola. One was at the prestigious University of Houston -- Continuing Education.
- Colorado "Adjunct Authorization" to teach Chinese language at secondary level was issued to the instructor in 2007 while she was teaching Chinese language full time at a Colorado public high school. In addition to the required experiences for teaching Chinese language, she had also successfully passed the background - fingerprint check and completed the required coaching sessions.
- She has given lectures at the Wednesday-lunch-lecture of Asian Art Association, Denver Art Museum, as well as numerous workshops and classes at other museums, universities, corporations, libraries, zen center, and schools.
- With her interest in Chinese language, Chinese calligraphy and Chinese civilization in general, she has publish a series of Chinese calligraphy prints to reflect on Chinese thoughts and Chinese language. Some titles of her prints are "Tao --the wondrous journey of the mind that is willing to see", "Chaos -- where brilliant dreams are born".
- She has been studying the teaching of ESL (English as a Second Language) to enhance her skills in teaching Mandarin Chinese.