Cal State San Bernardino (math)
I take a holistic, immersive approach to teaching math and programming. My primary focus when working with a new student is identifying their goals, the best way to help them reach their goals, and what their learning style is. I enjoy tutoring students.
I have several years of experience tutoring students in algebra, calculus, and arithmetic. I have a degree in math, but I have completed 10 programming courses 4 of which were C++ classes. I'm currently completing a C++ data structures course.I would encourage any student who needs help with math or C++ to contact me.
I also work as an elementary school teacher with a k-12 special education teaching credential. I have over 10 years of teaching experience in the public schools system.
Thanks. I take a holistic, immersive approach to teaching math and programming. My primary focus when working with a new student is identifying their goals, the best way to help them reach their goals, and what their learning style is. I enjoy tutoring students.
I have several years of experience tutoring students in algebra, calculus, and
In most cases, tutors gain approval in a subject by passing a proficiency exam. For some subject areas, like music and art, tutors submit written requests to demonstrate their proficiency to potential students. If a tutor is interested but not yet approved in a subject, the subject will appear in non-bold font. Tutors need to be approved in a subject prior to beginning lessons.
I've written at least 50 programs, some of which exceed 1300 lines of code. I have years of experience tutoring in science courses such as math and beginning C++.
I've completed four C++ courses:
1. CS160A - beginning C++
2. CS160B - intermediate C++
3. CS278 - C++ programming methods
4. CS279 - C++ data structures
I'm comfortable with concepts not limited to:
- type modifiers - reference, pointers
- built-in types: char, float, double, int (short, int, long, signed, unsigned), bool, void
- data structures: array, vector, string, set, multiset, list, map, multi-map, deque, forward-list
- functions - signatures, overloaded, parameter list, return type
- templates - functions, classes, specializations
- classes - STL, nested, aggregate, union, enumerated
- inheritance - single, multiple, base, derived, access specifier
- separate compilation - header files, preprocessor, interface and implementation files, encapsulation,
- conditional execution - if, else if, else, switch
- iterative execution - for, range for, while, do while,
- exception handling - exceptions, catch, throw, try block
- operators - arithmetic, unary, binary, ternary
- bit wise operations - bit shifting, bitwise logical operators
- compilers - clang, GCC, MSV
- Scope - Global, block, class, namespace
- STL -
- Algorithms - lambda, function type, elipsis
- Qualifiers - const, volatile, explicit, extern,