California State University Sacramento (Math)
My name is Anh. I'm currently a high school Math teacher at a public high school. I graduated from Sacramento State University with honor from their most difficult Bachelor of Art Math program. I also finish my teaching credential program at Sac State. Being a bilingual person, who benefits from the best of both countries (America and Vietnam) education, I know what is good and bad in both systems, from which, I learn how to teach and transfer my knowledge in the most effective way. Teaching is one of my hobbies, so I am extremely happy when students asking me questions, and feel great if they understand what I explain. Here are some of my tutoring highlights:
*** 7 YEARS of tutoring experience ***
- 7-year private tutor
- Sacramento State University Math tutor
- Highest rating tutor on Wyzant
I have tutor almost all level of Math up and including college Math:
- Math: pre-algebra, algebra 1, algebra 2, geometry, pre-calculus, Calculus (college 1,2,3 and AP both AB and BC portions), linear Algebra and differential Equations.
- SAT and ACT prep Math
Students that I have had the pleasure of helping:
- Elementary school students: 1 graders, 3 graders
- Middle school students
- High school students: Mira Loma, Rio Americano, Franklin, Elk Grove, C.K.Mcclatchy, Natomas, Folsom, Ponderosa, Oak Ridge
- Community college students: CRC, SCC,
- University Students: Sacramento State University
Effective Teaching Method:
- Positive reinforcement with strong motivation to encourage hard works from students
- Recognize and apply special training in weak areas for students
- I design my own set of exercises based on needs of students and their abilities.
- Promote independence and confidence in students.
My schedule is flexible and so will change weekly depending on my students' availabilities. When arranging my schedule, I would always find a best time that fit the request of many students. I really hope to have a chance to work with you. Thank you for spending your time going through my profile.
Please allow me 1 business day to respond to your email. Thank you.
Have a good one!
Anh N. My name is Anh. I'm currently a high school Math teacher at a public high school. I graduated from Sacramento State University with honor from their most difficult Bachelor of Art Math program. I also finish my teaching credential program at Sac State. Being a bilingual person, who benefits from the best of both countries (America and Vietnam)
Anh comes prepared to talk about what my son is currently doing in class, makes sure he is ready for his next quiz, and leaves him with additional practice and instruction. Recurring theme: check your work. Seems to mean a lot more coming from Anh than from me.
Any hit the ball out of the park at her first a bat with tutoring my dsughter. She aced her pre cal quiz for fist time ever.After only one session)
Ahn worked with my daughters in Geometry and Algebra II in the 2012 to 2013 School Year. She is knowledgeable and effective with my remaining high schooler about her subjects of expertise. She has a patient nature that I think gives the student the confidence to push through the learning progress. Anh cares about the result. She is an excellent communicator about scheduling, and is flexible, and positive. Can't recommend Anh highly enough.
In most cases, tutors gain approval in a subject by passing a proficiency exam. For some subject areas, like music and art, tutors submit written requests to demonstrate their proficiency to potential students. If a tutor is interested but not yet approved in a subject, the subject will appear in non-bold font. Tutors need to be approved in a subject prior to beginning lessons.