Send Carolyn a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response by email. Have you already emailed Carolyn or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If you select this option, WyzAnt will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.
University of California, Berkeley (Mathematics)
University of the Pacific (Master's)
I have taught and tutored high school and middle school math since 1976 and currently teach math at Granite Oaks Middle School. There are four components to my tutoring:
1. Concepts and Skills: help students understand the concepts behind what they are learning and give them practice on the skills they need to become mathematically fluent.
2. Accuracy, Organization, and Efficiency: help students organize their work and become accurate and efficient problem solvers.
3. Study Skills: help students learn effective ways to study for tests and quizzes and help them review material as they go.
4. Errors and Gaps: identify errors students make and gaps they have in their understanding and give them specific practice to learn correct methods and mini-lessons to bridge gaps in knowledge. I have taught and tutored high school and middle school math since 1976 and currently teach math at Granite Oaks Middle School. There are four components to my tutoring:
1. Concepts and Skills: help students understand the concepts behind what they are learning and give them practice
$45/hour if I travel to you. $40/hour if you come to my home.
We just started with tutoring with Carolyn, and are so glad we made this decision. She is so professional and you can tell she really cares about Madeline's success. My daughter appreciates how patient she is and has already said that it has helped her in her geometry class.
Carolyn has helped my daughter so much. Her patience and being able to work with her one on one has made all the difference. Carolyn has a way of explaining math that makes it easy for my daughter to understand. I highly recommend Carolyn!
We've been using Carolyn for quite some time and she has been a great math tutor. She is currently helping my daughter in pre-calculus. She is very patient and easy-going.
All around, a great tutor.
Carolyn is very patient and makes our son comfortable. An ongoing dialogue between "teacher and student" is important and Carolyn certainly has that gift.
Thank you for the kind words. Your son is a pleasure to work with.
In most cases, tutors gain approval in a subject by passing a proficiency exam. For some subject areas, like music and art, tutors submit written requests to demonstrate their proficiency to potential students. If a tutor is interested but not yet approved in a subject, the subject will appear in non-bold font. Tutors need to be approved in a subject prior to beginning lessons.
The CBEST covers essential mathematics skills including estimation, statistics and probability, measurement, computation, basic algebraic manipulation, problem solving, and numerical and graphical relationships.
I am a K-12 Certificated Mathematics Teacher, have taken and passed the CBEST, and have a B.S. in mathematics from U.C. Berkeley. I can teach all of the mathematics needed to pass the CBEST as well as assist you with test taking strategies to help you do well on the test.
Carolyn M. passed a background check on 2/13/13. The check was ordered by another user through First Advantage. For more information, please review the background check information page.
After sending a message to Carolyn, you will be able to order a new background check for $7.99. As part of your tutor selection process, we encourage you to run updated background checks. Please also review the safety tips for hiring tutors.