Send Miriam a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response shortly. Have you already emailed Miriam or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If you select this option, Wyzant will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.
Fashion Institute of Technology (Merchandising)
University of Miami (Master's)
I'm a recent MFA screenwriting grad with an extensive background in tutoring. I've tutored people on various subjects since I was in high school. In the general academics area my strong suits are Math and English. Outside of that, I also tutor in language, particularly in Russian or Spanish.
My tutoring approach is based on providing a student with the support needed to arrive at the conclusion on their own, and in a way that allows them to properly digest the information so that they can build on their skills and knowledge, rather than simply feeding them information that they’ll inevitably forget or lose track of otherwise.
Below is a list of subject areas I tutor in:
- Grade school Math and English - I tutor on all grade school levels. (exception - I don't tutor past the pre-calculus level for Math)
- Russian - I'm a native speaker and have tutored Russian on and off for the past few years.
- Spanish - I'm nearly fluent and can tutor those studying Spanish on a beginner level.
- Writing (general), TV/FILM scriptwriting - I can tutor or provide intro level lessons to those interested in the field of scriptwriting, or academic writing.
- computer - I can train/tutor basics of Windows or Mac system. Can tutor basic level for Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, or Outlook. I'm a recent MFA screenwriting grad with an extensive background in tutoring. I've tutored people on various subjects since I was in high school. In the general academics area my strong suits are Math and English. Outside of that, I also
In most cases, tutors gain approval in a subject by passing a proficiency exam. For some subject areas, like music and art, tutors submit written requests to demonstrate their proficiency to potential students. If a tutor is interested but not yet approved in a subject, the subject will appear in non-bold font. Tutors need to be approved in a subject prior to beginning lessons.
I have an MFA in screenwriting from the University of Miami. My spec scripts for both feature and TV have placed in various national script competitions. And I have worked collaboratively on various film projects both in and outside of an academic setting. My MFA program was an all encompassing film program that included various film studies courses as well as producing and directing courses.
I am a native Russian speaker, and have already tutored students in Russian for the past several years. I'm not a certified Russian teacher, but as a tutor, I have satisfied many clients who are either looking to learn Russian at a beginner's level, or those who are more advanced and seek to continue practicing their Russian. I always let the student know upfront that I'm not officially certified in Russian, so they are made aware, from the beginning, what my qualifications are in this particular subject area.