American Mensa, Pre-Medical Graduate. 99th Percentile NEW SAT
American Mensa, Pre-Medical Graduate. 99th Percentile NEW SAT
I graduated from the University of Central Florida with a Pre-Medical Biology major and psychology minor. Shortly after I graduated, I tested into the American Mensa organization (an organization open to those with IQs in the top 2% of the population). Prior to becoming a full-time tutor, I worked in various industries, including healthcare, IT security and web development. I have taken the SAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT and the MCAT, so I am familiar with the major tests and their associated...
I graduated from the University of Central Florida with a Pre-Medical Biology major and psychology minor. Shortly after I graduated, I tested into the American Mensa organization (an organization open to those with IQs in the top 2% of the population). Prior to becoming a full-time tutor, I worked in various industries, including healthcare, IT security and web development. I have taken the SAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT and the MCAT, so I am familiar with the major tests and their associated strategies.
I decided to become a tutor because I understand how important it is to invest in our youth's education. With my particular background, my professional interests involve the math and sciences as well as standardized tests. I predominantly work with high school children to young adult college students, especially young ladies, as we need more of them in the STEM fields.
I'm a down to earth, easy-going tutor. In my sessions, I make learning fun and accessible whether your goal is to understand Calculus or improve your SAT score.
Please note that tutoring is my full-time profession and my livelihood. As such I ask that you treat our sessions with the same respect as you would an appointment with any other professional. The following policies help to ensure that you get the most out of our sessions.
1. Sessions are booked one to two weeks in advance on a first-come first-served basis.
2. Please provide copies of the material that you would like to work on 24 hours prior to the session. This allows me sufficient time to prepare and ensure that I have the appropriate resources during the session. Acceptable forms include pictures of the questions you are working on, a class syllabus, or assignment rubric. If you do not or are unable to provide materials ahead of time, please know that I may need to use time during our session to locate appropriate resources/references. (Standardized test students are excepted, as I will provide materials test prep materials.)
3. In-Person Sessions: I try my best to be on-time or even early to sessions, but LA Traffic can be hit or miss depending on the neighborhood and time of day. Therefore please allow a grace period of up to 15 minutes in the event of adverse traffic events. If I do arrive late, I will extend the session by the appropriate amount of time. If you are unable to stay later to make up the time, the whole session fee will still apply.
4. Billing: My minimum session length is 1 hour, with additional time charged in 30 minute increments. I do have a 15 minute grace period however, which means if the session ends early up to 15 minutes, the full the session fee is charged. This grace period also means that if a math problem is taking a little longer to solve than expected and causes us to run over by up to 15 minutes, you will not be charged an additional half hour.
5. Cancellations/Reschedules: I understand that life happens, and accordingly, I try to be lenient about cancellations and reschedulings. That said, if you are within the 24-hour cancellation window and if you must cancel a session or reschedule it to another day, the full session fee will be charged. If both of our schedules allow for a same day reschedule (e.g. push it back an hour, meet in the morning instead of the afternoon, etc), no cancellation fee will be charged.
Incredibly Understanding, Patient and Thorough Tutor
After my first lesson with Angeline, I have to really thank her for being so patient with me as we went through LSAT questions. She wanted me to understand why I should approach this test in a completely different way and how to do so, by going through multitudes of questions and their various answers. I'll definitely keep requesting her help for my LSAT preparation.Gabby, 1 lesson with Angeline
Patient and very helpful
She was a great lsat tutor. We focused mainly on my weakness, which was to focus on the main point and eliminate answer choices through a process of elimination. She was very patient and explained things in details. At the end, I was able to better understand the test questions. And improve.Amy, 11 lessons with Angeline
Very patient, clear and was quick to respond. Went over strategies for logic games. Looking forward to working with her in the future.Darlene , 1 lesson with Angeline
Nice and helpful tutor
Angeline is working with my daughter on PSAT skills. My daughter says she is getting what she needs from the help. The speaker on my laptop doesn't work so Angeline is willing to work around that with cell phone contact. She is very accommodating.Kathu, 15 lessons with Angeline
Angeline has her work cut out for her, but I feel comfortable and happy that she decided to be my tutor for my promotional exams. More sessions to come. Pleasure meeting you!Michelle, 4 lessons with Angeline
I'm so happy I got to work with Angeline. She is so sweet and very knowledgeable. I strongly recommend her! She was very kind, patient and flexible. I learned a lot about statistics with her help and got through all the problems I needed help with.Leila, 5 lessons with Angeline
Angeline really helped me with confidence intervals— we worked together and she made sure I understood not only how to use the formulas, but also helped me understand the content conceptually. I learned more in one tutoring session with her than I did in a week of class. Highly recommend!Sofia, 4 lessons with Angeline
Angeline is a fantastic tutor. She helped my daughter with her SAT practice. My daughter loves working with her. She is very easy to schedule with and is extremely flexible and friendly.Denise, 8 lessons with Angeline
Very nice and knowledgeable!
Angeline helped me with everything I needed and was very easy to talk to. She not only helped me with my homework but also showed me how to use StatCrunch, which will help me do future assignments. Will be using her services again in the future for sure.Andrew, 4 lessons with Angeline
Just bad my first lesson and I’m so glad I contacted Angeline! Definitely looking forward to my next lesson with her.Jazmin, 3 lessons with Angeline
Response time: 16 minutes