Send Robert S. a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response shortly. Have you already emailed Robert S. or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If you select this option, Wyzant will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.
Sonoma State University (Psychology)
Institute of Transpersonal Psychology (Master's)
Institute of Transpersonal Psychology (PhD)
Hi. My name is Robert. I have a Ph.D. (2007) and MA (2001) in Transpersonal Psychology from the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, with an emphasis in Transpersonal Education and Research. In addition, I have a BA in Psychology from Sonoma State University, with an emphasis in Humanistic-Transpersonal Psychology, and an AA from Sierra College, with an emphasis in psychology.
You may be interested to know that while I was a student at Sierra College and Sonoma State University, I quickly learned and developed an array of personalized college study skills; skills that helped me to excel in the coursework, 3.83 GPA. These skills were a major preparation for the high demands of intensive graduate studies, and transferable to everyday life and the workplace.
My teaching-tutoring philosophy is student-centered. As an evolving student, I believe that you have the innate capability to learn. My goal as a tutor is to help you discover and master your learning skills, while being tutored in the subject(s) area(s) you have requested guidance. Your unique learning style will determine how we intend to approach your overarching educational goal(s). After we determine your learning style, I will help you to (a) set realistic and achievable coursework goals, (b) determine the necessary steps and an appropriate pace to achieve these educational goals, and (c) guide you through these steps as you develop your mastery in the your subject area(s).
* College Study Skills * General Psychology
* Contemplative Psychotherapy Methods * Cognitive Psychology
* Group Process Methods * Humanistic Psychology
* Jungian Psychology * Peace Psychology
* Psychology of Creative Expression * Psychology of Spiritual Guidance
* Psychosynthesis * Transpersonal Psychology
* Research Methods * Embodied Writing
* Phenomenology * Integral-Reading Hi. My name is Robert. I have a Ph.D. (2007) and MA (2001) in Transpersonal Psychology from the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, with an emphasis in Transpersonal Education and Research. In addition, I have a BA in Psychology from Sonoma State University, with an emphasis in
In most cases, tutors gain approval in a subject by passing a proficiency exam. For some subject areas, like music and art, tutors submit written requests to demonstrate their proficiency to potential students. If a tutor is interested but not yet approved in a subject, the subject will appear in non-bold font. Tutors need to be approved in a subject prior to beginning lessons.