Excel in Math, Chemistry, Spanish and Social Media! Call Today!
Excel in Math, Chemistry, Spanish and Social Media! Call Today!
With my patient, confidential and caring manner, I will help the student master the subject matter. I expeditiously pinpoint knowledge gaps and the student's learning style to help the student succeed as soon as possible. I have enjoyed working with students for many years as a tutor, coach, project judge, school board director and booster club president. My students and I have fun and learn a lot. I understand the rigors of sports and AP classes having been an athlete and honor student...
With my patient, confidential and caring manner, I will help the student master the subject matter. I expeditiously pinpoint knowledge gaps and the student's learning style to help the student succeed as soon as possible. I have enjoyed working with students for many years as a tutor, coach, project judge, school board director and booster club president. My students and I have fun and learn a lot. I understand the rigors of sports and AP classes having been an athlete and honor student myself. I am bilingual in Spanish. Si usted o su niño necesita lecciones de matemáticas o ciencias en español, yo puedo ayudarle.
Online classes feature interactive digital whiteboards, document sharing, live interactive editing, session recording, audio and video capabilities.
In the past 9 years, my experience includes serving as college senior project judge, regional project judge, board director for 2 academically acclaimed schools, founder and manager of a local professional group and high school sports booster club president. Specifically, I have tutored, trained or coached:
* High school and college students in Chemistry, Algebra, Spanish and study skills
* Summer camp students ages 7-17 in web design, animation and game design
* College students in Computer Science
* Adults in Spanish Immersion class
* Adults in Career Development, Job Search skills, Social Media and Marketing training sessions
* 6th through 8th graders in math, Odyssey of the Mind and Future City projects
(Odyssey of the Mind elementary through college students apply technical, creative, strategic and trade skills to create a technical project and presentation. Future City students apply technical, presentation and creative skills to create an urban development project).
Subject Matter Expertise:
* Spanish - Now offering SPANISH IMMERSION CLASSES. I excelled in fourth year Spanish class which required reading Spanish literature and writing essays. I won a state Spanish poem recitation contest and subsequently tested out of 24 hours of Spanish with a grade of 'A' at a major U.S. University. I have been bilingual since I was 4 years old. En español: Avanzado pasado del cuarto año de español que requiere leer literatura española y escribir ensayos, gané un concurso de recitación en español de poema y tomé examen para avanzar pasado de 24 horas de cursos en español en una Universidad principal. He sido bilingüe desde los 4 años de edad. Si necesita instrucción en matemáticas o ciencias en español, comuníquese conmigo para lecciones.
* Algebra - I have always excelled in Math. As a computer science student, I advanced past Calculus.
* Chemistry - I like to solve equations and help students understand Chemistry. I aced my Organic Chemistry final in college.
* Computer Science - I have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science and was employed as a software developer and team lead for 17 years. I developed and tested many commercially available communications software products. I diagnose software logically and have an affinity to document solutions and explain difficult concepts to technical and non-technical staff. I was directly involved in troubleshooting software for hundreds of sites without losing a single account. I have conducted technical due diligence on IP products pending corporate purchase.
* Career Development, Job Search and Presentation skills - As a recruiter, I conducted numerous on-campus and off-site interviews. I presented workshops on job search and social media. I also served as a panelist for a statewide college career services conference. I have written articles on career, job search and social media topics. I have coached prospective job candidates on career development, interviewing and presentation skills.
* Social Media, Social Networking and Internet Marketing - Want to sell goods and services and promote your products online without hiring a programmer to build and maintain custom websites? I can show you how to integrate PayPal, social sharing, affiliate marketing, and use template sites to ramp up your internet sales. I have built successful social networks, web sites and e-commerce interfaces.
Mary has provided examples of their subject expertise by answering 1 question submitted by students on Wyzant’s Ask an Expert.
Wow - fantastic tutor!
After the tutoring session my son told Mary he wished she was his physics teacher! She did a great job explaining the concepts and was patient with questions. You know it's a success when the "lightbulb turns on" in your child's eyes! I would highly recommend her!JoAnn, 4 lessons with Mary
Mary was able to accommodate me when another tutor had to cancel and did a great job tutoring both of my high school students in honors and AP chemistry. Very pleased!Tim, 1 lesson with Mary
Mary is very nice and caring, I appreciate the time she takes and she goes out of her way to make my kid understand math and chemistry. I would 100% recommend her to anyone.Raj, 6 lessons with Mary
Mary has helped my daughter so much in CP Chemistry, and she has also helped her increase her ACT score. I would highly recommend her.Kathy, 21 lessons with Mary
Could not be more pleased!
I was nervous about today's lesson. I scheduled it during the last week of school at the end of one of the last full days. My 2 kids were tired and not exactly thrilled about a tutor. I relaxed after she arrived and I heard them laughing as they worked. After Mary left, the kids looked at me and said, "Can she stay longer next time?" They loved it! The said it was so much more fun than any other Spanish class or camp they have ever taken. They were so happy that they were not just sitting down the whole time. It was interactive and they were finally able to start putting together everything else they had learned. Thank you!!Lina, 2 lessons with Mary
We are really enjoying our Spanish tutor, Mary. She is great. We have had a very positive experience from finding a tutor through your website to actually starting our lessons. Mary is engaging and fun to work with. My husband and I are doing our lessons together and she works well with both of us.Kristin, 5 lessons with MaryTutor responded:
It is a pleasure knowing you both and watching you enthusiastically embrace the Spanish immersion class. The best part is that it is a blast to speak Spanish with you. Thank you!
Mary has provided the kind of tutoring a parent could only hope for with an academically struggling child! Mary was quick to assess my daughter's learning style and has instantly made a profound difference in her Chemistry and Spanish classes! My daughter is now experiencing success that breeds confidence and a willingness to excel. Last week my daughter scored a 95% on her Chemistry Exam in the short time Mary has been working with her! Mary is delightful, prompt and a joy to be around, her positive attitude is infectious, my daughter looks forward to her sessions and school work with a new found enthusiasm! Thank You Mary! Hello Mary - Ounce again your teaching techniques have bridged the gap from the classroom to my daughter's understanding and mastery of Chemistry! She recently scored 96% on on her Chemistry Exam - the highest in her class! Thank you ounce again as the compelling force behind her success in a class she was failing just a short time ago!Daniel, 15 lessons with MaryTutor responded:
Thank you! It is a great honor to positively influence a student. It also a privilege to tutor your daughter and see her make great strides towards her future career. Her desire to learn and work towards her goals is key to her success.
Very patient and knowledgeable. Our student really likes her.
Mary is genuine and professional. She knows Spanish very well. I could tell our student felt comfortable and encouraged after the very first lesson. She was interested in when exams are given and in what format they are given. We look forward to more lessons with Mary.Teresa, 12 lessons with MaryTutor responded:
It makes me smile to see him really enjoy learning Spanish. His pronunciation and vocabulary is exceptional for a first year student. It is a tribute to you and his father that he is kind, well-mannered and a pleasure to teach. I hope that he will someday visit a Spanish speaking country and be enriched by people and the culture because he reads, writes and speaks the language.
Response time: 24 minutes