English in Albany

705 Albany English tutors

Find the best English tutor in Albany

Sort by:

Graciela G.

50hr
50/per hour
Albany, CA

Certified Barton Tutor for Dyslexic Children

...It is a simultaneously multisensory, explicit, and systematic phonics program. It is primarily based on the Orton-Gillingham approach, which explicitly teaches the logic of 85% of the English language. The other 15% is memorized with multisensory... read more
Replies in 6 hours
In-person lessons
Reading | 4 other subjects
50/per hour
Replies in 6 hours
In-person lessons

Isaac W.

45hr
45/per hour
Albany, CA

Trilingual Tutor Willing to Impart Broad Array of Knowledge

...am a recent graduate of Michigan State University with degrees in chemical engineering and Mandarin Chinese. In terms of tutoring experience, I taught English as a second language (ESL) to middle schoolers in Czech Republic for a class-intensive... read more
In-person lessons
Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading | 10+ other subjects
45/per hour
In-person lessons

Jie S.

50hr
50/per hour
El Cerrito, CA

SAT & TOEFL Teacher

Hi, students, this is your teacher Jie. I am originally from China and recently got my master degree from MAT-TESOL program in USC. I have 4 years’ tutoring and teaching experience in pre-college preparation tests, including TOEFL and SAT... read more
Replies in 19 hours
In-person lessons
Grammar, English, Proofreading | 2 other subjects
50/per hour
Replies in 19 hours
In-person lessons

Erica W.

50hr
50/per hour
Berkeley, CA

Patient and Knowledgeable Language Tutor

I have tutored students in conversation, grammar, pronunciation, reading, and translation. I have experience teaching college level French and giving private lessons in a variety of subjects. I use different materials and work with mixed... read more
Replies in 3 hours
In-person lessons
Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading | 1 other subject
50/per hour
Replies in 3 hours
In-person lessons

Genevieve M.

50hr
50/per hour
Alameda, CA

Certified, Experienced ESL/English and Spanish Tutor

I'm a native English speaker and have been teaching since 2009. I enjoy helping students learn. Learning can be fun. My goal is to make my lessons as engaging as possible. My knowledge of other languages helps me understand the challenges... read more
Replies in 7 hours
In-person + online
Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading | 2 other subjects
50/per hour
Replies in 7 hours
In-person + online
Back to top
good fit guarantee