posted on: 7/23/13
“I will be needing a calc tutor for 2nd semester calc this Fall at SJSU, and I'd like to get a head start.
I'm starting a grad program in Bioinformatics Engineering, and I think I'd like to specialize in statistical genetics. Only problem is that I'm not naturally talented at math.
Classes don't start until last week of August, but I'd like to get a head start. As well, I'd like to sharpen my calculus fundamentals (or even precalc fundamentals; I don't care how far we have to go back so long as I'm solid).”
- Francisco from San Jose, CA
- Apply to become a tutor to help this student and other students in your community
- Work with a variety of students in your best subjects
- Spend more time teaching and less time administering
- Set your own hours while you help students learn the subjects you love to teach
- A love of learning
- Excellent communication skills
- Expertise in a variety of disciplines
- Passion for helping others learn and succeed
- Set your own rate (most tutors charge between $30-60/hour)
Apply for this
The best part about tutoring for me is working with students one-on-one and knowing that I played a part in their academic success. The most frustrating part of tutoring —
finding new students, dealing with marketing, billing clients, etc. WyzAnt solves those problems and lets me focus on what I do best — teaching!