posted on: 7/21/13
“Hello, I am in need of a tutor to help me brush up on my spoken Japanese. I have taken two beginning Japanese courses at De Anza Junior College, two intermediate courses through the Japan Society of Northern California, and then studied with a tutor for 6 months. It has been around 9 months since I've spoken Japanese with anyone, so my speaking skills are very rusty.
I have an interview coming up the first week in August for a law firm position in Japan that may require me to speak in Japanese (it is an English speaking office, but Japanese language skills strongly suggested). I'm also taking a placement test. Because of the compressed time frame, I would like to meet multiple times a week, if possible.”
- Lexi from Berkeley, CA
- Apply to become a tutor to help this student and other students in your community
- Work with a variety of students in your best subjects
- Spend more time teaching and less time administering
- Set your own hours while you help students learn the subjects you love to teach
- A love of learning
- Excellent communication skills
- Expertise in a variety of disciplines
- Passion for helping others learn and succeed
- Set your own rate (most tutors charge between $30-60/hour)
Apply for this
The best part about tutoring for me is working with students one-on-one and knowing that I played a part in their academic success. The most frustrating part of tutoring —
finding new students, dealing with marketing, billing clients, etc. WyzAnt solves those problems and lets me focus on what I do best — teaching!