posted on: 7/14/13
“I'm a 26 year old Software Engineer originally from Seoul, Korea. I've been living in the States for more than 10 years, but I've never felt very comfortable with my level of mastery of English. I often have trouble crafting sentences from the top of my head, and find myself unable to express my thoughts as precisely as I'd like to. I am an avid reader, but that hasn't really helped with developing a conversational and "native" voice.
After years of frustration, I finally decided to reach out for help. I'd love to have a chat about how I could improve my writing and conversation skills.”
- Kijun from San Francisco, CA
- Apply to become a tutor to help this student and other students in your community
- Work with a variety of students in your best subjects
- Spend more time teaching and less time administering
- Set your own hours while you help students learn the subjects you love to teach
- A love of learning
- Excellent communication skills
- Expertise in a variety of disciplines
- Passion for helping others learn and succeed
- Set your own rate (most tutors charge between $30-60/hour)
Apply for this
The best part about tutoring for me is working with students one-on-one and knowing that I played a part in their academic success. The most frustrating part of tutoring —
finding new students, dealing with marketing, billing clients, etc. WyzAnt solves those problems and lets me focus on what I do best — teaching!