posted on: 5/17/13
“I am looking to do 1-1/2 hours of Arabic tutoring per/week, and to get a few hours worth of "homework" to due in between sessions.
I taught myself the Arabic alphabet and some basic reading within a few weeks back in February. Since I speak and read Hebrew (biblical, rabbinic, and modern) fluently, I basically just learned the Arabic alphabet by correlating it to the corresponding Hebrew letters. In any case, I am looking to become a fluent reader, learn grammar, and basic comprehension over the summer in order to begin "second year" Arabic in the fall.
I am unavailable to meet until after next Wednesday, May 15, but would like to start working on this as soon as possible thereafter.”
- Shlomo from Atlanta, GA
- Apply to become a tutor to help this student and other students in your community
- Work with a variety of students in your best subjects
- Spend more time teaching and less time administering
- Set your own hours while you help students learn the subjects you love to teach
- A love of learning
- Excellent communication skills
- Expertise in a variety of disciplines
- Passion for helping others learn and succeed
- Set your own rate (most tutors charge between $30-60/hour)
Apply for this
The best part about tutoring for me is working with students one-on-one and knowing that I played a part in their academic success. The most frustrating part of tutoring —
finding new students, dealing with marketing, billing clients, etc. WyzAnt solves those problems and lets me focus on what I do best — teaching!