posted on: 4/26/13
“I need a tutor/mentor for my son. He is in 10th grade. We need someone to work with him to:
1- In general to help him stay structured, and get his work done on regular basis, and in a few months be able to carry on independently.
2- Specifically needs some help in Math.
3- Needs someone to keep coaching him in the right direction, and help him make this change.
Personality I think needs to be someone who commands respect and comes across wise and sincere person. Some one who can instill some discipline. Initially need some one who can spend 3 to 4 hours a day with my son, and then we can start tapering off in 3 to 4 months. My son has to catch up a lot of work in May, so we need someone right away, and available for 4 to 5 days a week. Because we need someone for lot of hours, we need someone at reasonable rates to keep it affordable for us.”
- Muhammad from Sunnyvale, CA
- Apply to become a tutor to help this student and other students in your community
- Work with a variety of students in your best subjects
- Spend more time teaching and less time administering
- Set your own hours while you help students learn the subjects you love to teach
- A love of learning
- Excellent communication skills
- Expertise in a variety of disciplines
- Passion for helping others learn and succeed
- Set your own rate (most tutors charge between $30-60/hour)
Apply for this
The best part about tutoring for me is working with students one-on-one and knowing that I played a part in their academic success. The most frustrating part of tutoring —
finding new students, dealing with marketing, billing clients, etc. WyzAnt solves those problems and lets me focus on what I do best — teaching!