posted on: 4/1/13
“I am looking for a tutor who can help me with my English pronunciation. I came to the U.S. 7 years ago. Even though I’ve been here for a long time, I still have problems pronouncing some basic words, such as the differences between Bed and Bath, Virgin and Version, Latter and Ladder... I also have some issues with English grammar.
I know teachers in the US don’t use K.K. pronunciation to teach students. But it would be a plus if you know it since it was how I learned English.
I will bring a list of words which I have problems pronouncing, as well as some grammar I am confused with. I am looking for a patient tutor who can help me with these. I’d like to schedule a 2-hour session for the first session.”
- Ethan from Chicago, IL
- Apply to become a tutor to help this student and other students in your community
- Work with a variety of students in your best subjects
- Spend more time teaching and less time administering
- Set your own hours while you help students learn the subjects you love to teach
- A love of learning
- Excellent communication skills
- Expertise in a variety of disciplines
- Passion for helping others learn and succeed
- Set your own rate (most tutors charge between $30-60/hour)
Apply for this
The best part about tutoring for me is working with students one-on-one and knowing that I played a part in their academic success. The most frustrating part of tutoring —
finding new students, dealing with marketing, billing clients, etc. WyzAnt solves those problems and lets me focus on what I do best — teaching!