posted on: 2/6/13
“My son is 9 years old and in 3rd grade. Our family came to the U.S. last year from Korea, and my son learned English 4 years in Korea. I want a tutor to read various books with him so he can eventually love reading books in English. He is interested in Science, especially space, earth, and so on.
He likes to read non-fiction books, but I want to choose more various books.”
- Jyeong A from Palo Alto, CA
- Apply to become a tutor to help this student and other students in your community
- Work with a variety of students in your best subjects
- Spend more time teaching and less time administering
- Set your own hours while you help students learn the subjects you love to teach
- A love of learning
- Excellent communication skills
- Expertise in a variety of disciplines
- Passion for helping others learn and succeed
- Set your own rate (most tutors charge between $30-60/hour)
Apply for this
The best part about tutoring for me is working with students one-on-one and knowing that I played a part in their academic success. The most frustrating part of tutoring —
finding new students, dealing with marketing, billing clients, etc. WyzAnt solves those problems and lets me focus on what I do best — teaching!