New Feature: *REMOTE SESSIONS ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGH ONLINE PLATFORM*
Hi, my primary goals as your tutor are:
1) To be engaging, encouraging, and patient.
2) To increase your breadth of knowledge and skill set by using extra examples, thorough and understandable step-by step explanations, and repetitiveness.
3) To adapt to different learning styles through the use of whiteboards, computers, physical models, or hands-on exercises.
4) To help you develop as an independent worker and thinker. We work problems out together, then you work out examples independently to test what you've learned.
5) To make the most out of each tutoring session by coming prepared and on time.
Ph.D. in Earth Sciences, Boston University (2013)
M.S. in Geology, Florida State University (2009)
B.S. in Geology, Florida State University (2005)
B.S. in Interdisciplinary Geophysics, Florida State University (2005)
A.A., St. Petersburg College (2002)
My previous teaching experience includes a tutoring position within the Learning Support Center at St. Petersburg College, Florida, where I was awarded as an Outstanding Tutor from the Chair of the Mathematics Department. Also, my ability to effectively explain concepts would often lead to private lesson requests. While at Florida State University, I was hired to tutor athletes for the university's Athletic Academic Support Program. As a graduate student, I held a teaching assistant position in the Department of Geological Sciences for three semesters. In addition, my dedication and reputation for instruction led to an appointment as an instructor to teach a college-level geology course, The Dynamic Earth, at Boston University during the summer of 2008.
Thanks for reading, and feel free to contact me with any questions. I look forward to working with you!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING CANCELLED APPOINTMENTS
Clients may cancel appointments up to 24 hours before the scheduled session begins. Cancellations within 24 hours are subject to a cancellation fee of one half the scheduled session.
back to top