Vince’s current tutoring subjects are listed at the left. You
can read more about
Vince’s qualifications in specific subjects below.
back to top
I offer only one thing via Wyzant: GRE prep. Here's an overview of how I see it all working:
1. Baseline. First, let’s figure out where you’re starting from. To obtain a real score, a student must complete an official practice test, timed strictly.
2. Goals. You’ve gotta want it. Also, it really helps to know exactly what “it” is so we have a target.
3. Foundation. My scintillating advice will only take you so far without conceptual knowledge. Once I show you how to build foundational skills, I hope you’ll do so consistently on your own to save time.
4. Technique. I teach specific, step-by-step techniques for all the questions you’ll face on the real test. I also teach test-taking and time management technique.
5. Practice. Once you know what you’re doing, you’re ready to practice – using authentic practice material (i.e., material written by the test’s publisher).
6. Review. Once you leave my office, your work has just begun. Analyzing, re-doing, and explaining previously done questions will make you much better at answering new ones when you see them.