I allow students to cancel lessons up to 8 hours in advance, with no additional charge. Cancellations between
2-8 hours in advance will be a small $5 fee. Cancellations between 15 minutes and 2 hours before the lesson will be a $10 fee. Cancellations
any later than 15 minutes than the scheduled start time of the lesson will result in a full lesson charge.
The lesson will be charged from the agreed start time of the lesson, even if the student is late. If the tutor is late, the lesson will not be charged until tutoring begins. (However, it is very very unusual that I am ever late!)
To keep my tutoring prices down, I have chosen to tutor within a four mile travel radius, which covers a good portion of the Valencia. Some areas of Newhall and Saugus are also possible. Canyon Country is out of my radius, however
many students choose to meet in a location within...
- All sessions are billed in 5-minute increments.
- All sessions will be charged beginning at the scheduled start time, unless I am late, in which case, the session time will begin when I arrive and charges will be assessed accordingly.
- If a session goes past the scheduled end time, you will be charged until the session is complete, in 5 minute increments. If you need a session to end “on time,” simply let me know.
- If I choose to end a session early, for example, because we covered all the necessary material—or any similar event—then I will charge you for only the actual duration of the session, in 5-minute increments.
- If you choose to end a session early, for any reason, you will be charged for the full scheduled session.
- Unless otherwise agreed, all sessions will be schedule for 2 hours. For more explanation, see my TutorFAQs.
- In order to avoid cancellation fees, all cancellations must be made outside...
This is my cancellation policy.
A tutoring session will be cancelled free of charge if (1), (2), or (3) holds:
-(1) I am contacted with a cancellation request up to 24 hours before the session was scheduled to begin.
-(2) I am contacted with a cancellation request more than 2 hours before the session was scheduled to begin, but a medical emergency prevented the student from attending the session (must be verified by a note from a doctor).
-(3) I am contacted with a cancellation request more than 2 hours before the session was scheduled to begin, but the student has been arrested for a crime that s/he did not commit.
The student will be charged the full fee for the session if (4), (5), or (6) holds:
-(4) The student cancels the session less than 2 hours before the session was scheduled to begin.
-(5) The student cancels the session less than 24 hours before the session was scheduled to begin and (1), (2), and (3) are not...