The "Must" Ingredients For Significant Student Achievement Improvements
Based upon the academic performances of many math and chemistry clients over the years and leading right up to the present, the following factors have been vital for my students to have substantially bolstered their achievement levels by the end of their particular courses of study:
1) Both the tutor and the students approached every session with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
2) Students were prepared at each session with adequate resources and a clear sense of what they wanted to accomplish.
3) The tutor was also prepared with backup resources(alternate textbooks, notes, appropriate visuals).
4) The tutor would model difficult concepts in writing through accurately-constructed, correctly-sequenced steps.
5) Students would be provided ample opportunities from their resources for guided practice on key concepts.
6) Students would attempt additional problems between session meetings and report any unclear ideas at the next session.
7) Parents, other relatives, or guardians took an active role in their student's(especially secondary) success.
8) Overall, sessions were scheduled regularly(minimum once per week) on a multi-week basis to fit personal objectives.