The following are some sample Microsoft Word practice exercises that I have developed. There are a total of 50 exercises in the document. I use these exercises in tutoring sessions on Word as needed, along with other materials to ensure a comprehensive Word tutoring session.
Sample Word (c) Practice Exercises
6. Highlight some paragraphs, click on Insert, then put that text into Three Columns.
7. Select a Tab such as Home, Insert, Page Layout. Hide the Ribbon for that Tab. Restore the Ribbon.
8. Highlight the Three Columns, and change it to Two Columns.Turn on Hyphenation. Use the Automatic Hyphenation option, if needed manually correct various sentences, then use the Manual Hyphenate option.
9. Create a Table that is 6 Columns wide and 4 Rows Deep.
10. Choose the Eraser from the Design Tab and remove some of the Vertical Bars and Horizontal Lines in the interior of the First Row. Turn OFF Eraser. Using Layout Tab, Add a Row above the first Row and a Row below the last Row.
11. Start the Mail Merge under Mailings. Choose Letters, then Select Recipients, Create New List, adding about 5 records to the List, save your document, and then fill in the Template document by adding Merge Fields to the document that reflect the data records that you just created. Also add some text. Save the Template Document.