Search 75,714 tutors
FIND TUTORS
Ask a question

Answers by Anthony P.

how do you graph y=lnx+3 (answer)

To graph, simply create a table of values for x and y (when x is __,  y is __ ). Although if you know the basic parent function of ln(x), then this one is simply shifted to the left by three units. For the domain, that means all values of x that satisfy the equation. Therefore, we have...

how to solve a problem in algerbra (answer)

Is the value of x = 4/3? If so, then substitute the (4/3) into the expression and evaluate. 18(4/3) - 3 18 times (4/3) minus 3 Order of operations: parentheses, exponents, multiplication/division, addition/subtraction Multiplication/division before addition/subtraction. So...

how do I expand this expression log to base 2 x^4 sqrt y/z^3 (answer)

I assume the problem is stated as: log2(x4 sqrt(y/x3)) Learn the 4 basic properties of logs: (1) logb(xy) = logbx + logby. (2) logb(x/y) = logbx - logby. (3) logb(xn) = n logbx. (4) logbx = logax / logab. (to simplify typing, I'll temporarily omit the base on...

I have 2 problems i can not figure out how to set up. (answer)

A(t) = Aoe(kt) We first need to solve for the rate constant. When t = 1 min (i.e., A(1) ), we are told that 45% dies leaving 55% to remain (0.55 * 5x10^6 = 2.75x10^6 = A(1)) 2.75x10^6 = 5x10^6 e^(1k) 2.75x10^6 / 5x10^6 = e^k Take the natural log of each side: ln(2.75x10^6/5x10^6)...

what is the range if the domain is (-5,2,7) in the equation y=-2/3x+4 (answer)

The domain are values of x that satisfy the equation, then the range would be the corresponding values of y at the x-values of -5, -2, 7. Therefore plug each value of x in the equation and evaluate to find the corresponding y-values. Those will be your range. e.g., y = -2/3(-5) + 4 =...

3(x-2)Grater that or equal to 22 (answer)

2(3x - 2) ≥ 22 Solve like a typical eqn Distribute. 6x - 4 ≥ 22 Add 4 to each side. 3x ≥ 26 Divide by 3 on each side x ≥ 26/3 or 8 2/3 A value of x that makes the inequality statement true is therefore any that is ≥ 9 1/3. (Just remember that...

what is the answer to y=-3x+5 5x-4y=-3 (answer)

(1) y = -3x + 5 (2) 5x - 4y = -3 Substitute eqn 1 into eqn 2 for y. (It doesn't matter which eqn or which variable, but eqn 1 was already solved for y.) 5x - 4(-3x + 5) = -3 Simplify, and solve for x. 5x +12x -20 = -3 17x - 20 = -3 17x = 17 x = 1 Now...

5+2(4x-4)=3(2x-1) (answer)

5 + 2(4x) - 2(4) = 3(2x) - 3(1) 5 + 8x - 8 = 6x - 3 8x - 3 = 6x - 3     +3         +3 8x = 6x - 0 -6x   -6x 2x = 0 x = 0

solve for d -2(d-3)+5d greater then equal to 36 (answer)

d - 2(d - 3) + 5d ≥ 36 Solve using steps similar to ordinary equations: d - 2d + 6 + 5d ≥ 36 4d + 6 ≥ 36 4d ≥ 30 d ≥ 30/4 d ≥ 15/2 So d must be a value that is greater than or equal to 15/2.       ...

how do you solve r^2-4r-3=6? (answer)

r2 - 4r - 3 = 6 Normally, we can solve by factoring the equation (if factorable) and setting each factor equal to zero. First we need to get the equation in standard form (Ax2 + Bx + C = 0) by subtracting 6 from each side: r2 - 4r - 9 = 0 Now, we factor the trinomial into the...

Refrigerator Cost (answer)

Watts are a unit of power (unit energy per second in this case).  The utility company charges $0.10 per kilowatt-hour, or 0.10/kW*hr. To do the conversion correctly, we need to convert watts to kilowatts. So 350 W = 0.350 kW. Over the course of one yr: $0.10  x 24 hr x 365...

Factoring Polynomials (answer)

A trinomial, if factorable, will factor into the product of two binomials. The method to factor this one is fairly straight forward since the coefficient of the first term is 1. We are essentially "undoing" the result of FOIL'ing. (a + b)(a + b) = a2 + 2ab + b2 First...

Whats 5y+3y-7 (answer)

I assume the instructions are to simplify the expression. There are three terms in this expression (terms are separated by + or -). There are two variable terms (those containing variables) and one constant term (those without variables, simply integers.  We cannot combine...