Search 72,408 tutors
FIND TUTORS
Ask a question
0 0

a family spends 20% on food, 23% on rent, and 42% on other stuff. If the family saves $360 per month what is their income

Tutors, please sign in to answer this question.

1 Answer

20% + 23% + 42% = 85% of monthly income spent on expenses.  So that leaves 15% for savings.
 
(Income)*(0.15) = $360          [0.15 is the decimal equivalent of 15%]
 
Solve for Income