Kim built a model railroad using 4.28 meters of track. How can he write his number as a mixed number in simplest form
How do you write 4.28 meters as a mixed number in it's simplest form?
Tutors, please sign in to answer this question.
The number 4.28 can be expressed as 4 28/100.
Then we need to reduce the fraction by dividing top and bottom by 4 to get 7/25
So the final answer is:
1) 4.28 meters can be expressed as the sum of 4 meters and 0.28 meters.
2) As 1 meter is equal to 1oo centimeters, 0.28 meters will be equal to 28 centimeters. This can be
expressed as 28/100. therefore, 4.28 meters may be written as follows:
4 + (28/100) meters
3) Representing the same as a fraction, it will reduce to 4 (28/100) meters
4) Simplifying the fraction within the brackets ( 28/100) further, it will reduce to ( 7/25).
5) Thus 4.28 meters can be represented as a mixed number 4 7/25 or 4 (7/25) more clearly.
Hope this helps....