Ethan D. has not yet had a background check. After sending a message to Ethan, you will be able to order a background check for $7.99. The check will be processed by First Advantage. For more information, please review the background check information page.
As part of your tutor selection process, we encourage you to run updated background checks. Please also review the safety tips for hiring tutors.
My name is Ethan! Thanks for taking the time to look at my profile and consider me as a tutor! I would like to take a minute and list off a few of my experiences and qualifications to help you along in your decision!
1. I have studied Japanese for seven years. I began studying Japanese in high school having had little to no exposure to it as a child. This means that I can approach tutoring with the perspective of a student and teach in an effective and personalized manner. I remember what it was like to struggle with verb conjugations and have developed plenty of tricks and tips to help in the learning process.
2. I am a (soon to be graduated) Japanese Language and Linguistics major at the University of Washington with a GPA of 3.9. The UW has an outstanding Japanese department.
3. I spent a year abroad in Japan studying Japanese at Waseda University, one of the major private universities in Tokyo. During my time in Japan I gained real-word experience with the language which I can utilize to provide a better learning experience.
4. While I was in Japan I worked as a private English tutor. I worked with students individually and on a personal level. Many students came to me for help preparing for the TOEFL, while others came for practice reading, writing, or speaking and I am capable of working with students on any of these categories. This experience gave me the tools necessary to deliver a positive and personalized learning experience. In addition, I taught some of my lower-level students entirely in Japanese, so if you are a Japanese speaker struggling with English, I'm your guy!
5. I have passed JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) level 1. The JLPT is often considered the goal of many Japanese learners. It is the standard by which many jobs determine your fluency. Having passed level 1 (the highest level offered), I can assure students that I have learned the language well. Furthermore, because of my experience with the JLPT, I am capable of working with students to prepare to take the test themselves.
Thank you so much for your time and consideration. I look forward to working with you! Please feel free to message me with questions at any time!
I have studied Japanese for seven years including four years at the University of Washington where I earned my BA in Japanese Language and Linguistics, and a year abroad at Waseda University in Tokyo where I completed their Intensive Japanese Language Program. While I was in Japan, I worked as an English tutor teaching English in Japanese. I also took and passed the Japanese Language Proficiency Test level 1 (the highest level offered). My background in linguistics and previous study of Japanese mean that I can approach tutoring with the perspective of a student and provide both technical and practical explanations as needed.
Your first hour with any tutor is protected by our Good Fit Guarantee: You don’t pay for tutoring unless you find a good fit!
Usually responds in about 2 days
Send Ethan a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response by email. Have you already emailed Ethan or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If selected, WyzAnt will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.