I GUARANTEE you the grade/results you desire as long as you do the ASSIGNMENTS I give you. My teaching style is "EXAM-ORIENTED." I'm sure it has happened to you before. You've spent hours studying a subject but you were not successful on the exam, although you knew the subject! I'll show you why you don't need to spend hours on unnecessary parts of a subject, teach you to obtain the KNOW-HOW and art of attacking problems on exams properly.
I have many years of tutoring EXPERIENCE, and I've been a teaching assistant for the past three years in Physics at the University of Minnesota. In the past, I've tutored students as diverse as 5th grade to college students, and most of them showed almost no math and physics capability at the beginning. However, in almost all cases, the number of problems they solved on exams continuously increased in time, and I got phone calls from their parents thanking me in high spirits.
These comments are what my students wrote for my course evaluation (for various physics classes that I was a teaching assistant in at the University of Minnesota):
* "The level of help given during discussion sections was perfect - he did not do the problems for us, but gave us the tools we need to solve the problems and learn in the process."
* "Walked me through problems and gave me just enough help so I could figure it out myself."
* "Provided good "tricks" for solving problems, explained lectures more clearly and on a smaller/more precise scale"
* "Great TA, best I’ve had. Could be a really great teacher"
* "He didn’t just GIVE us the answers, he helped and gave hints, but wanted us to really think about the problems, and have us figure it out, which helped me prepare for the exam"
About me: I got my PhD degree in Physics at the University of Minnesota in August, 2013. I am currently a research associate in the physics department at the University of Washington
back to top