Hi! My name is Adriana, and I am a native Spanish speaker. I recently moved with my family to Mercer Island from tropical Costa Rica. I have a Master's degree in Botany, and two children ages 11 and 15. Back in Costa Rica, I worked as an Environmental Educator at La Selva Research Station in Sarapiqui while my husband did his research in the field of Ecology.
Now that I am here in Mercer Island, I see the need for learning Spanish in a one-to-one setting, in a more informal, comfortable and positive environment. I would like to help students to:
- carry a fluent conversation in Spanish and feel good about being able to do it
- learn more about cultural differences in Spanish-speaking countries
- be able to address different topics such as climate change, education, environment, etc. depending on the age and interest of the student
- read and discuss age appropriate books in Spanish
- keep the love of learning a new language alive!
back to top