Hello! My name is Eduardo C. I retired from the Navy after serving 24 years of continuous active duty status. Having spent 24 years in the Navy has taught me discipline, loyalty, hard work, customer-driven personality, and passion to train young Sailors joining the Navy and mentor them to be successful individuals in their chosen career. Currently I am tutoring and mentoring co-workers, friends, and young adults engaged in accounting-related jobs or taking up business, finance, and accounting subjects.
Prior to joining the Navy I taught basic and advanced accounting subjects for five years at The University of Baguio and Cordillera University, Baguio City, Philippines. Teaching has always been my passion and my goal is to teach and mentor my students so they would be able to learn, appreciate, enjoy, and apply what they learn from my class and be able to successfully use the knowledge in their personal lives and successfully find a job while still a student or after graduation.
I earned my Masters Degree in Business while serving on active duty in Hawaii with the following grades:
- COM515 Managerial Communication: A
- ECO533 Economics for Managerial Decision Making: A
- LAW529 Legal Environment of Business: A-
- MKT551 Marketing Management: A-
- QNT530 Statistics an Research Methods for Managerial Decisions: B
- MGT554 Operations Management: A
- ACC529 Accounting for Managerial Decision Making: A
- FIN544 Finance for Managerial Decicion Making: A-
- CIS564 Information Management in Business: A-
- EBUS500 E-Business Principles and Practices: A-
- QNT531 Advanced Problems in Statistics Research Methods: B
- FIN545 Advanced Problems in Finance: A-
- MGT573 Project Management in Business Environment: A
- MGT578 Strategy Formulation and Implementation: A-
- MGT599 Cases in Decision Making: A
- ORG503 Human Relations and Organizational Behavior: A
- GPA: 3.71
My academic achievement and over 30 years of experience in accounting, management, auditing, and ten years on instructional experience makes me a tutor worth hiring to achieve my student's goal.
Currently, I am the Chief, Internal Review and Audit Compliance (Internal Auditor) for Madigan Army Medical Center (MAMC). I got this job while on my terminal leave and was selected and hired from 26 other applicants. MAMC is the third largest employer in Tacoma, WA with 5,500 civilian Department of Defense (DoD) employees, contract employees, and active Army military personnel.
How will I deliver quality education and make all my students productive?
1. I will work with my students and give each one of them a road map to follow.
2. I will present to them all the jobs out there for individuals with business, finance, and accounting degrees. Present to them the salary for each job (as a teacher, government auditors, public accountants, etc.)
3. I will provide them all federal and civilian sites and job banks.
4. I will teach them how to do a winning resume to be highly competitive. In order to be competitive certifications are a major plus; for example, Certified Public Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Government Financial Manager, so on and so forth.
Following your road map, time management, discipline, dedication, getting the required training and certifications gets you ahead from the rest of the applicants.
The teaching and learning process is a symbiotic relationship between the student and the instructor. I encourage students to honestly read their books so they will be well-prepared or have an idea when I discuss the topic. I encourage students to be honest, respect other students and the teacher and above all reap the benefits of the hard-earned money that you use to pay me. I am available for everyone to ask questions 24/7. You can email me 24/7 or call me after 4PM for questions.
I also highly encourage students to team up with their classmates to share knowledge, experience, and each individuals' understanding of the subject matter at hand.
In closing, I need my student to trust me and treat me as their friend that they can rely on 100% of the time when they need my help for understanding the subject. A thank you Sir! because I met your expectations and really learned from me is more than any monetary reward.
Mr. Eduardo D. C., BA-Acctg, CPA, MBA
back to top