Hi! My name is Nick and I am a French
tutor in Alexandria, VA. I recently moved back to the DC area after spending two years at a school in San Diego where I tutored students, from high school to college, and enjoyed helping students with their French! I speak French natively and spent my childhood summers in France each year. I minored in French at Boston College and earned an MA from Boston College as well.
I am passionate about the French language
and the French culture, enthusiastic, personable, knowledgeable, and responsible. I love helping someone discover how much they know and how much they can do! I really enjoy getting the opportunity to help students who believe they struggle with French improve their knowledge and become confident in their abilities.
- I am happy to provide both one-time and ongoing tutoring sessions with students based on needs and goals. A one-time session in test prep could be completed in a single session, though multiple enrichment sessions would allow for practice, follow up, and feedback. With any student seeking longer-term tutoring, I will happily spend time developing a tutoring plan with the student and parent that includes assessment, progress monitoring, and individualized goals so that you feel confident that you or your student will make measurable progress! I am happy to spend time on grammar
and on speaking/accent.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM ME:
- I am knowledgeable, patient, hard-working, professional, and courteous. I spend a lot of time tailoring sessions to each student and thus expect hard work in return. I do not want to waste anyone's time or money, but expect the same in return.
- I am someone who cares deeply about all of my students. In the classroom and school environment I have built extremely strong relationships with my students and hope to do so with my tutoring students as well. I will do everything I can to help ensure your child's success.
- Your student's knowledge and skills will improve noticeably, if they are committed to listening and learning from me.
- I will do my best to ensure that your child progresses. If you are happy with the results, hopefully you will refer me to others.
- Tutoring is not a quick fix. Grades will not improve from "F" to "A" overnight. It takes time and practice to make significant improvement.
- I will not continue to hold a slot for you regularly, when you cancel repeatedly.
- I welcome in house tutoring, provided someone 18 or older will be home for in home tutoring.
WHAT I EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Please be on time for scheduled sessions.
- WHEN CANCELING ... Please notify me via EMAIL
- Please expect to be billed for ALL cancellations occurring within 12 hours of scheduled start time of the session.
- Please do not request that a slot be held for you, unless you definitely plan to use it. Everyone's time is precious.
- Please be fair, honest, and respectful.
- Please provide suggestions on how I can serve you better and be open with feedback.
- Please note that if you develop a pattern of repeated cancellations of your appointments, you do this at the risk of losing your reserved slot. I reserve the right to take back slots from those clients who cancel repeatedly.
- Please don't get angry because you were billed for cancelling within the penalty window.
- Please have payment info on file before requesting to meet. WyzAnt requires this, without exception.
- Please support your child to practice the skills we work on outside of tutoring sessions as well, as this is the best way to reinforce what we learn!