Over the years spent counseling my younger siblings academically, teaching has grown into a never ending passion for me. Every (productive) session with a student is a fulfilling experience for me. Nothing pleases a teacher than watching his/her students learn at a steady pace and meet their academic goals.
I am interested in helping young students with Reading and Math. With more than 3 years of tutoring and mentoring children of different age groups, I am patient, committed and work hard on each of my students. I identify the study habits of my students and prefer adapting to their learning styles, as expecting every student to perform following a standard guideline is a mediocre approach nowadays.
I offer editing/proofreading services to those looking for grammatical correctness and proper syntax in their essays and other assignments. I also offer assistance with the Critical Reading section on the SAT exam.
My success stories:
* A 6th grader struggling with grammar and math improved her 'C' to 'A-'
* A high school student who was scared of even attempting her math quizzes and exam conquered her lifelong fear of math within three months and did well on her final exam
* An MBA student scored well on his case study assignment and now seeks my help whenever he needs it
* Edited college application essays and personal statements for numerous students
* Prepared many SAT students for Critical Reading section and gave them ample of material to practice
I tutor at the Sugar Land Library (Austin Parkway) or Barnes and Noble Bookstore in the First Colony Mall. Looking forward to provide you with first-hand assistance.
back to top