I believe all students can learn and the challenge for us educators is finding ways to teach the way a child can learn best. I am passionate about teaching especially about reading because much of a persons success in school and in life is affected by the ability to understand the written word. Developing good reading skills is not merely learning to be proficient in decoding letters into words. Reading also teaches us to think critically; to evaluate, reason, and make wise decisions.
I am a former elementary and middle school teacher who decided to work part-time so I can devote myself to the needs of my family. I am highly qualified and fully board certified to teach in the State of Texas in the following areas of education:
1. Special Education (All Academic Subjects): Early Childhood through Grade 12
2. General Education (All Academic Subjects): Grades 4 through 8
3. English As A Second Language
Special Area: Trained and qualified to provide lessons in Dyslexia, Basic Language Skills
I have taught the following subjects in school:
1. English Language Arts Resource (Reading, Writing, Spelling)- Grade 1, 2, 6, 8
2. Mathematics Resource- Grade 1, 2, 3, 6, 8
3. Dyslexia Basic Language Skills
4. Social Studies - Grade 8 (Collaborating Teacher in the General Education Class)
5. Science - Grade 8 (Collaborating Teacher in the General Education Class)
The Special Education Resource Class aims to teach the same curriculum as that of the General Education Class but employ additional tools and strategies to help our challenged learners understand concepts better. I am experienced in differentiating instruction for struggling learners, special needs population, and students with Limited English Proficiency. I have been a teacher to the learning disabled, visually impaired, hearing impaired, emotionally disturbed, autistics, dyslexics, and those with other health impairments and disabling conditions including ADD and ADHD. I am experienced in preparing, implementing, and documenting Individual Education Plans and Behavior Intervention Plans.
If you feel I may be able to help your child cope better academically, prepare for special tests such as TAKS, or have advance lessons; please contact me through WyzAnt. Thanks and God bless!
back to top