I am offering lessons to those interested in PHP
, Javscript, CSS, HTML
, AJAX and JQUERY. With 5+ experience in the field (currently working as web developer in Plano) and having a computer science
degree from UNT, I can tailor a program to get you up to pace with web development and programming
Depending on your level of knowledge you can choose from the following courses:
This course is for absolute beginners and focuses on:
- A general understanding of how the web works
- Server and Client relationship
- Web development tools currently used
This course assumes you have a general understanding of HTML and CSS and would like to
move onto web programming. This course focuses on:
- What are scripting languages and why do we need them ?
- Requests and Response between server and client
- GET VS POST
- PHP ( broad topic, can send a summary on request if you are interested in this course).
connecting to a database and retrieving records.
This course assumes you have a general understanding of HTML and CSS. It focuses on the following:
- What is JQuery ?
- Simple Animations
This course is for those who are comfortable with PHP and are ready to move onto a
structured approach to web development, the MVC ( Model-View-Controller ) architecture
widely used in the industry nowadays for this exact reason. It helps in the separation of concerns.
This course focuses on:
- Choosing a PHP framework right for you.
- What is MVC ?
- How does routing work ?
- Creating Models, Views and Controllers.
- Creating a simple application using the MVC architecture.
Current state of the web
This course assumes a good understanding of HTML4 & CSS2 and is recommended if you would like to get up to date with cutting edge technology namely HTML5 and CSS3 (most of this is still in draft phase on WC3).