I work with students at their home!
My background is as a mechanical engineer who, after working 23 years in the computer industry, returned to college to become a professional teacher, earning 14 years of teaching experience in Massachusetts public high schools, and then continued my student experience by an additional 6 years experience teaching at the community college level.
I have earned two undergraduate degrees in Mechanical Engineering, a Master's degree in Education, and I have completed coursework towards the Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Education Management/Supervision.
First, let me say that I will do everything I can to help you. I offer students FREE email support between tutoring sessions if they need it.
I DO NOT tutor students in exactly the "same way" they are taught in the classroom. EVERYONE has "different" learning styles. Together we will discover the learning style approach that works for you as an individual!
Finally, there are NO "canned techniques" or "secret shortcuts" to subject mastery. I am willing to give my best effort to help students to succeed.
• I am NOT an "answer" man - I am a professional educator and I will make every effort to be certain your student UNDERSTANDS what needs to be done.
• I am NOT a "homework buddy". Although homework problems are useful as examples, I do not sit at the table and "do" the homework.
• I will provide students with presentations and solved problems. (Since presentations must be done correctly and in a usable format, I do not "work on the fly")
• I am a caring educator with the ability to help students to master the subject material and I will give students the confidence and knowledge to go forward on your own.
• Best of all, no worksheets! I earn my pay by directly interacting with the student.
SPECIAL NOTE: I am available for "Home Schooling" assignments. Contact me for special rates based on term of commitment.
A word to parents: My job, as I see it, is to maximize your student's learning abilities. I promise you that I will be committed, accessible and caring. We will work together to customize a strategy for your student and execute that plan as a team. Cancel one or all sessions with notice, and there is NEVER A CHARGE.
back to top