- Character Workflow Course
- Students are advised to bring in their own concept sketches of their characters in hard (paper) or soft copy (scans) where we will append the sketch in 2d and digitally paint the sketch into a full painting
inserting lessons about color theory and design. (2 hour)
- We will proceed to build the design in zbrush based off of the painting (2 hour)
- We will retopologize the model in Zbrush and touch up the sculpt of the model and digitally paint within zbrush and export proper obj and maps for maya
. (2 hour)
- We will setup render passes for the model using mentalRay and/or vRay and test the render passes using Fusion (compositing) We will touch up the final render by hand and append through the workflow. (2 hour)
- We will rig the character and being animation (2 hour)
a properly formatted technical screenplay from prose. (1 hour) [students are advised to bring in their prose]
-Realflow from beginner to advanced, how to master liquid.(2 hour)
-Maya gas simulations, from fire to smoke. (1 hour)
-Any student suggested lessons.
12 hours notice required
Travels within 15 miles of Staten Island, NY 10306
Tutors have the ability to create educational resources and share them with the WyzAnt community.
Here are some of the resources created by Mothana.
View all of Mothana’s resources
if your having difficulty with draftsmanship.
I strongly suggest drawing a free form line such as a squiggly line, and than try to free hand copy that line with great accuracy. This will teach you to better see line in the form of shapes. Do not trace in this exercise.
You can make different varieties of squigglies and shapes until they are all at least 90% in accuracy.