Eric F. passed a background check on 3/25/14. The check was ordered by Eric through First Advantage. For more information, please review the background check information page.
After sending a message to Eric, you will be able to order a new background check for $7.99. As part of your tutor selection process, we encourage you to run updated background checks. Please also review the safety tips for hiring tutors.
My name is Eric and I am currently a student at Columbia University. I am currently tutoring four students, through a local company, and I am hoping to help more students in the near future. Through this company I work with elementary and middle school students in math. I have always gotten high reviews and marks from the students and parents I have helped, which is why in a short time I have gone from having one student to three. Currently I am looking to add more students and I know that I am willing to offer discounts for an initial appointment with a student in order to help gain the trust of both the student and the parents.
I’ve included some other parts of my background that may help you understand why I believe I would be a very valuable tutor for students who are either struggling to catch up in math, or those who have a unique interest in the area that they would look to cultivate at a more advanced paced than they are able to just through their courses. Either way, I always think that math is a fun and interesting subject that can be applied to almost any interest a student has, making it easier to help them understand the value, intrigue and importance of math.
- I scored a 770 on the math section of my SAT I and a 780 on my math SAT II exams
- I have taken courses up through, and including, Calculus II at Columbia
- I currently have three students I work with, never having had any family cancel my services and even recommendations from families that have led me to get three students from just one in two months at my tutoring company
- I am able to bring a computer to use, along with several mathematical programs on my computer at various levels of sophistication, to help students understand how fun and interesting learning math can be.
- I transferred to Columbia from Duke University, where for a year I worked as a student manager on the basketball team. I have always loved the game of basketball and it’s something I enjoy teaching and playing.
I played basketball throughout high school. When I did a postgraduate year of high school I was an assistant coach on the JV team and then at Duke I spent a year working 40 hours a week as a student manager under Coach K. I have continued to love and whenever possible play or teach the game.
Great tutor with lots of patience — Eric works really well with my 13 year old son. He is very patient and always make sure that my son understands the mathematical concepts, rather than having him just memorizing the problem. ...
Your first hour with any tutor is protected by our Good Fit Guarantee: You don’t pay for tutoring unless you find a good fit!
Usually responds in about 2 hours
Send Eric a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response by email. Have you already emailed Eric or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If selected, WyzAnt will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.