Hi, and thank you for visiting my profile! If you're looking for a patient and knowledgeable tutor to help you achieve your academic goals, I just might be the one for you.
I've helped people of all ages succeed in their classes and exams from algebra
all the way up to calculus
as well as standardized tests. Having worked as an actuary, I have extensive experience with real-world applications of mathematical and scientific methods, and as a result, I've been able to help my students understand math
through examples. I also have my MS from the top Applied Math department (NYU), so I'm right at home with all kinds of math.
If you feel like I can help you, feel free to contact me. No pressure, though - not every student/tutor pair is a good match, so before we make any commitments, we'll both make sure that we're feeling confident enough to move forward.
Thanks again, and I hope to hear from you soon!
- National Merit Scholar
- 800 on the SAT Math
- 800 on the GRE
- 5 on AP Calc
- B.S. in Math from UCI - Independent study / research on mathematical logic
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor society
- M.S. in Math from NYU - top ranked Applied Math department according to Newsweek
Tutoring / Education Experience:
- Over 10 years experience
- Tutored 1st grade
student in arithmetic all the way to woman in her 40's studying Calculus II
- Topics: Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry
, Calculus, Linear Algebra
Math, SAT II
- Graded for undergraduate Linear Algebra at NYU
- Teacher's aide for high school algebra / geometry in lower-income neighborhood in Santa Ana, CA
- Developed a Business Mathematics
course for an online college