Daniel L. passed a background check on 4/21/14. The check was ordered by Daniel through First Advantage. For more information, please review the background check information page.
After sending a message to Daniel, you will be able to order a new background check for $7.99. As part of your tutor selection process, we encourage you to run updated background checks. Please also review the safety tips for hiring tutors.
Hi, and thank you for visiting my profile! If you're looking for a patient and knowledgeable tutor to help you achieve your academic goals, I just might be the one for you.
I've helped people of all ages succeed in their classes and exams from algebra all the way up to calculus as well as standardized tests. Having worked as an actuary, I have extensive experience with real-world applications of mathematical and scientific methods, and as a result, I've been able to help my students understand math through examples. I also have my MS from the top Applied Math department (NYU), so I'm right at home with all kinds of math.
If you feel like I can help you, feel free to contact me. No pressure, though - not every student/tutor pair is a good match, so before we make any commitments, we'll both make sure that we're feeling confident enough to move forward.
Thanks again, and I hope to hear from you soon!
- National Merit Scholar
- 800 on the SAT Math section
- 800 on the GRE Math section
- 5 on AP Calc BC exam
- B.S. in Math from UCI - Independent study / research on mathematical logic
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor society
- M.S. in Math from NYU - top ranked Applied Math department according to Newsweek
Tutoring / Education Experience:
- Over 10 years experience
- Tutored 1st grade student in arithmetic all the way to woman in her 40's studying Calculus II
- Topics: Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Linear Algebra, SAT Math, SAT II Math
- Graded for undergraduate Linear Algebra at NYU
- Teacher's aide for high school algebra / geometry in lower-income neighborhood in Santa Ana, CA
- Developed a Business Mathematics course for an online college
I have my MS in Mathematics at NYU (#1 applied math according to Newsweek) and have tutored students in various subjects. In particular, I've helped my students achieve success on standardized tests. For example, one student raised his SAT IIC test score by 150 points in just 2 months.
I have my MS in Mathematics at NYU (#1 applied math according to Newsweek) and have tutored students in various subjects. In high school, I received a score of 5 on the AP Calc BC exam, and have helped several students improve their grades in calculus.
Your first hour with any tutor is protected by our Good Fit Guarantee: You don’t pay for tutoring unless you find a good fit!
Usually responds in about 1 hour
Send Daniel a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response by email. Have you already emailed Daniel or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If selected, WyzAnt will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.