I work with elementary aged children helping them become thinkers: better readers, writers and mathematicians. My experiences include working with children as young as 5 years old assessing them to determine their strength, and identify where I need to provide more instruction. Determining goals and writing
a plan to achieve these goals.
* 13 years of full time classroom teaching in public school and charter school.
* Master degree in elementary reading
* Bachelor degree in special education
* Certified Wilson Reading
* Certificate in elementary math
* Elementary Homeschooling
* Practical knowledge of elementary Common Core Curriculum
* Effective Common Core State Test Preparation
(Math and ELA
- 95% of my students have achieved above passing scores.
* Effective first grade
Terra Nova test prep. Students achieved 90% proficiency in Terra Nova Language, Reading, and Math State Test).
I have tutored children (k-6th) for many years for the after school programs, summer school, as well as individuals.
I want each student to feel that he or she is important by providing opportunities to show independence. After all my job is to teach them to help themselves.
8 hours notice required
Travels within 3 miles of New York, NY 10002