I graduated from Cornell University in 2007 and Teachers College at Columbia University in 2012. I have taught language
at universities, colleges, public schools, and not-for-profit organizations and have worked and studied in Asia, Europe, Africa, and North and South America.
My passion is cultural exchange and language education. I love learning about life in other countries and have taught students from more than 40 different countries, including:
Argentina, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, France, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Nicaragua, Peru, Poland, Romania, Russia, the Philippines, Senegal, Spain, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, Vietnam and Yemen.
Working with international students has helped me develop a diverse set of communication skills and teaching strategies. I specialize in learner-centered lessons, designed to meet the unique needs of each of my students. I also create lessons that appeal to multiple intelligences, which maximize my students' talents and abilities, and help them build their confidence while expanding upon their knowledge.
My academic achievements include:
- Graduating "magna cum laude" from an Ivy League university
- Fulbright Grant to teach English
in South America
- Acquired fluency in Spanish
- Publication of my senior honors thesis by a German
- Study and research grants from:
* The US Department of State
* Rotary International
* Cornell's Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies
* The Argentine Ministry of Education
* the Slovenian Consul to the USA
* Germany's "Deutsche Gesellschaft"
* The International Dutch Language UnionWRITING
In addition to language teaching, I work as a freelance writer and editor
. My specialization is academic texts and I have collaborated on papers with faculty and graduate students in fields such as law
, political science
, medicine, business
, government, and environmental science at:
- Harvard University
- Cornell University
- National University of Singapore
- Beijing Forestry University
- Purdue University
- Rutgers University