I work with elementary aged children helping them become thinkers: better readers, writers and mathematicians. My experiences include working with children as young as 5 years old assessing them to determine their strength, and identify where I need to provide more instruction. Determining goals and writing a plan to achieve these goals.
* 13 years of full time classroom teaching
* Experience with Homeschooling
* up-to-date knowledge of Common Core Curriculum
* Working with 3rd and 4th graders in preparing them for the new Common Core test for ELA and Math.
- 95% of my students achieving passing scores.
* Working with first graders (students achieved 90% proficiency in Terra Nova Language, Reading, and Math State Test).
I have tutored children (k-6th) for many years for the after school programs as well as individuals. I want my student to feel that he or she is important by providing opportunities to show independence. After all my job is to teach them to help themselves.
back to top