Specializing in supporting the creative growth and unique self-expression of motivated individuals, lessons with this fine arts tutor are developed based on the student's particular interests and needs.
With 20 years of experience facilitating gratifying and personally meaningful art experiences, I teach art techniques, visual thinking and creative problem solving skills in a success-oriented, systematic way. Even those who believe themselves to have little artistic ability will be taught in a manner where beautiful results become natural as the student's artistic "voice" emerges.
I'm an equally enthusiastic about working with the gifted and talented as I am with "absolute beginners" and individuals with special needs or disabilities.
The following areas of expertise are possible areas of focus.
This is by no means a comprehensive list, so if you have an interest not listed here, please inquire. All concepts and skills in these areas are presented in developmentally appropriate ways:
- historic techniques in drawing, painting and printmaking
- rendering from life and skills for realism
- methods of abstraction and surface design
- the basics of linear perspective
- color theories and historic palettes
- archival collage and mixed media
- preservation framing
- transcending creative blocks and preventing blocks from developing
- portfolio building
- professional practices and career development
- Art exhibitions: curating, exhibition design and installation
- developing intuitive capacity through the creative process
- finding joyous fulfillment in artistic self-expression
My expertise as a TEACHING ARTIST draws on a Bachelor's of Fine Arts degree (BFA) in Painting and drawing with a minor in Art History, a second bachelor's degree (BS) in Graphic Design, a master's degree (MA) in Art Therapy, and a Master's of Fine Art degree (MFA) in historic painting/drawing/print making techniques.
Work experience inside Major Fine Art museums, high end Frame Shops and Art Galleries allows me to support students in their professional development as well as their aesthetic pursuits.
back to top