Need help in economics, finance, Excel, or statistics, or the SATs? Struggling with high school, NYU, Columbia, SUNY, or business school exams? I have been tutoring in business, statistics, and economics for several years now, and can get you up to speed fast. I studied economics at Harvard, business at Wharton, and graduated with honors from both. In between, I worked as a business consultant and financial analyst. In other words...I can get you where you need to go.
I am best suited to help with:
- Finance / Business: I most frequently tutor business school students or undergraduates studying finance and business. As there are a lot of subtopics in business, let me know what you are studying in particular to make sure I am the right person to help, but in general I can help with anything related to accounting, finance, and managerial decision making.
- Economics: I am most useful to students studying introductory economics in high school, college, or business school, and some advanced topics in economics (growth theory; development, microeconomics).
- Statistics: I used statistics and regression analysis in my research and courses as an undergraduate, and am best used for introductory statistics and econometrics courses.
- SAT & GMAT: More than anything, the SATs are about confidence combined with effective practice. I help students work through as many questions as possible, particularly on the math sections, isolating problem areas and providing shortcuts for difficult problems. In the writing / verbal portions, a more structured approach is useful, particularly for grammar sections. I can help students for either exam quickly improve their approach and results.
Let me know if you have questions about recommended materials. I have 99th percentile scores on the SAT, PSAT, GMAT, several SAT II subject exam, and the APs.
For high school students - college admissions is stressful, and so is the SAT. Therefore, I focus a lot on imparting a replicable process for approaching problems, and that will allow you to take the exam with calm, focus, and confidence.
- Excel: I use Excel professionally on a daily basis, and can likely help with any Excel work you need.
- History / Political Science: I enjoy both subjects, and am a good source for feedback on written material on either topic.
A few policy items: Please cancel within 12 hours of the session; I otherwise charge a 50% cancellation fee.
Contact me with any questions.
back to top