Hello. My name is Pavel and I am a New York State licensed Math Teacher with over six years of tutoring experience. Currently I teach GED Math and English at the Bronx Adult Learning Center.
Previous Experience includes teaching:
1) Algebra, Geometry, and Trigonometry at Bronx Studio HS (September 2011-June 2012).
2) Algebra at Kingsborough Community College in Brooklyn. (Summer 2011)
3) Geometry (FDR H.S.) and Pre-Calculus (John Dewey HS) in Brooklyn (Sept 2010-June 2011).
4) GED Math at Lincoln H.S. (Evenings) in Brooklyn. (April 2011-June 2011)
5) Pre-Calculus and Calculus Tutor at Brooklyn College (2006-2007)
I have tutored students from some of the best High Schools (Bronx Science, Stuyvesant, LaGuardia and Brooklyn Technical HS) and Junior High Schools in New York City,
I have also helped numerous struggling students pass their designated exams.
I have experience tutoring the following:
Junior High School Math (JHS)
The Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT)
High School Math
New York State REGENTS Exams (Integrated Algebra 1 and 2, Geometry)
College Math including Calculus, Statistics, Probability, Linear Algebra
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
General Educational Development (GED) Math Section
What makes me different from other tutors?
How should I know?! I never met them! Well I am good at what I do and try to make the material easy and (sometimes) fun. It took me years to finally get colored chalk in my classroom but it finally happened in 2013!
back to top