“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
I am available to tutor students in biology, chemistry, history, English and reading comprehension (among many others). My tutoring method is highly effective and goes beyond superficial fixes to common learning issues. My strategy is to work from the bottom up; creating a solid foundation upon which more advanced problem-solving methods can be developed. I have worked extremely hard to achieve a high level of success in the sciences and I know first-hand the common pitfalls and difficulties experienced by students. I am very accessible, down-to-Earth and very good at getting others to understand without feeling intimidated or judged (a feeling I’ve had myself when I asked for tutoring help). I am confident that I can help anyone achieve a higher score and solid understanding of these subjects while having fun as well!
- B.S. in Biology & Society from Cornell University (2008)
- B.A. in Biochemistry from Purchase College (summa cum laude) (2014).
- I am a Board Approved substitute teacher in the Pleasantville School District which means that I have passed a current and very thorough background check!!
- Inducted member of Sigma Xi Research Honors Society (2014)
- ACS Division of Organic Chemistry award winner (2014)
- Award for Excellence in Chemistry from the Westchester Chemical Society (Spring 2012)
- Awarded Outstanding Biochemistry Junior and Senior (2013, 2014)
- Supervising tutor for Einstein's Corner Tutoring Center
- Have prior private tutoring experience in biology, chemistry, history and reading comprehension
- Maintained an A+ average in general chemistry for both semesters (2011-2012) and never scored below a 100% on my biology exams.
- Achieved a near-perfect score on my SAT Verbal section
- Graduated high school as an AP Scholar and maintained an AP Exam average of 4.8
back to top