Brian H. passed a background check on 6/20/13. The check was ordered by another user through First Advantage. For more information, please review the background check information page.
After sending a message to Brian, you will be able to order a new background check for $7.99. As part of your tutor selection process, we encourage you to run updated background checks. Please also review the safety tips for hiring tutors.
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
I am available to tutor students in biology, chemistry, history, English and reading comprehension (among many others). My tutoring method is highly effective and goes beyond superficial fixes to common learning issues. My strategy is to work from the bottom up; creating a solid foundation upon which more advanced problem-solving methods can be developed. I have worked extremely hard to achieve a high level of success in the sciences and I know first-hand the common pitfalls and difficulties experienced by students. I am very accessible, down-to-Earth and very good at getting others to understand without feeling intimidated or judged (a feeling I’ve had myself when I asked for tutoring help). I am confident that I can help anyone achieve a higher score and solid understanding of these subjects while having fun as well!
- B.S. in Biology & Society from Cornell University (2008)
- B.A. in Biochemistry from Purchase College (summa cum laude) (2014).
- I am a Board Approved substitute teacher in the Pleasantville School District which means that I have passed a current and very thorough background check!!
- Inducted member of Sigma Xi Research Honors Society (2014)
- ACS Division of Organic Chemistry award winner (2014)
- Award for Excellence in Chemistry from the Westchester Chemical Society (Spring 2012)
- Awarded Outstanding Biochemistry Junior and Senior (2013, 2014)
- Supervising tutor for Einstein's Corner Tutoring Center
- Have prior private tutoring experience in biology, chemistry, history and reading comprehension
- Maintained an A+ average in general chemistry for both semesters (2011-2012) and never scored below a 100% on my biology exams.
- Achieved a near-perfect score on my SAT Verbal section
- Graduated high school as an AP Scholar and maintained an AP Exam average of 4.8
I love organic chemistry! I earned an A+ for both semesters and have tutored the subject privately and publicly for about two years. I was the senior tutor at Einstein's Corner Tutoring Center at Purchase College for several years where I tutored both general and organic chemistry. I am also the recipient of the American Chemical Society’s Division of Organic Chemistry Award!
Super Tutor! — Brian has been tutoring my daughter for her chemistry honors class this past year. When she started the class in school, she found the first couple of tests very tough. Once Brian came on board, things changed, she quickly grasped an understanding for the subject and went on to perform extremely well in school. In May, all the honors students in their school district take the Avogadro Exam, a very ...
Your first hour with any tutor is protected by our Good Fit Guarantee: You don’t pay for tutoring unless you find a good fit!
Usually responds in about 5 hours
Send Brian a message explaining your needs and you will receive a response by email. Have you already emailed Brian or another tutor? If so, you have an account! Sign in now
If selected, WyzAnt will ask interested tutors to contact you by email if they are able to help. A maximum of five different tutors will email you and none of your personal information, including your email address, will be released.