“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
I am available to tutor students in biology
and organic chemistry
. My tutoring method is highly effective and goes beyond superficial fixes to common learning issues. My strategy is to work from the bottom up; creating a solid foundation upon which more advanced problem-solving methods can be developed. I have worked extremely hard to achieve a high level of success in the sciences and I know first-hand the common pitfalls and difficulties experienced by students. I am very accessible, down-to-Earth and very good at getting others to understand without feeling intimidated or judged (a feeling I’ve had myself when I asked for tutoring help). I am confident that I can help anyone achieve a higher score and solid understanding of these subjects while having fun as well!
- Currently working in the Laboratory of Bacterial Pathogenesis and Immunology at The Rockefeller University
- B.S. in Biology & Society from Cornell University (2008)
- B.A. in Biochemistry
from Purchase College (summa cum laude) (2014)
- I am a Board Approved substitute teacher in the Pleasantville School District which means that I have passed a current and very thorough background check!!
- Inducted member of Sigma Xi Research Honors Society (2014)
- ACS Division of Organic Chemistry award winner (2014)
- Award for Excellence in Chemistry from the Westchester Chemical Society (Spring 2012)
- Awarded Outstanding Biochemistry Junior and Senior (2013, 2014)
- Supervising tutor for Einstein's Corner Tutoring Center
- Have prior private tutoring experience in biology, chemistry, history
- Maintained an A+ average in general chemistry for both semesters (2011-2012) and never scored below a 100% on my biology exams.
- Achieved a near-perfect score on my SAT Verbal
- Graduated high school as an AP Scholar and maintained an AP Exam average of 4.8