There are four (4) things that I believe must be established for a successful tutor-student relationship:
1. Mutual respect and trust between each.
2. The student’s belief that his or her tutor is truly proficient in the subject.
3. Creating an atmosphere of “serious and down to business”, but with a sense of humor that makes sessions fun so that students feel that the time flew by.
4. Instilling in the student the confidence that he or she can and will succeed.
As a trial attorney, legal researcher and writer, and my advanced background in literature and drama, I am certified on this site at all grade levels in:
4. Reading comprehension
My availability is flexible and includes nights and weekends. While I am older the usual tutor, my mindset is that of a 35 year old. I have always related well to young people. I have a certain quality that allows my students to feel they are not in the company of a strict teacher or parent. I was the tutor for my children as they went through school.
The highlights of my varied background are:
1. Attorney and part time Judge for the NYC Taxi & Limousine Commission;
2. M.S. in Counseling : individual and group therapy;
3. Counseled candidates for positions with banks and law firms;
4. Developed and taught a Paralegal Certificate Program;
5. College Professor;
6. Arbitrator and Mediator in NYC and Los Angeles;
7. Trained actor with significant TV credits who developed a certified seminar called ACTING FOR TRIAL LAWYERS.
back to top