My favorite subjects to tutor are physics and calculus. My tutoring method is to teach by example and help students resolve difficulties as they work example problems. I have been tutoring college students in physics, calculus, pre-calculus, and mechanics of materials since 2010 in both individual and group sessions.
What to expect when you receive tutoring from me:
1) We will meet in a mutually agreed upon public place or in your home.
2) Throughout our session, I will explain the fundamentals of our tutoring topic.
3) We will work example problems together.
4) When you feel you understand the topic, you will work at least one example problem and only receive assistance when you ask.
5) You may take with you any notes, figures, or examples I write down during our session.
I work as an engineer and have an E.I.T. Designation. I am also a member of the Pi Mu Epsilon Honorary Mathematics Society. While in college, I interned at the U.S. Army Research Laboratory; I used C programming to determine the domain of applicability of peridynamics and to quantify damage in molecular dynamics simulations. As a result of my work, I have one publication titled "An Assessment of Peridynamics for Pre and Post Failure Deformation" which has been referenced by the Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures.
back to top