I am an experienced NM certified teacher offering:
* Tutoring in high-school Math
2 and Pre-calc
* Tutoring in elementary and middle school level Math (Arithmetic, Pre-Algebra
and Algebra 1
* Elementary and middle school science
* Tutoring in phonics
for elementary school level
* Lessons in conversational Japanese
from beginning to advanced level
I am caring and patient with my students. I am also good at isolating what creates stumbling blocks in their learning process and helping them move through that. Learning Math especially is very much like building a house. We can't move to building the second floor if the first one is not in place. I work with the student to fill up the gaps and strengthen the structure of their knowledge so they can keep building higher and higher. Better understanding leads to greater confidence. It gives the student a more positive experience with the subject they are learning too. It is fulfilling to see a student reach the place of "I CAN DO THIS!" and find enjoyment in what was often just tedious work before.
For the little Einsteins with special interest in Science I offer private Science lessons where we explore together subjects they are interested in or lessons I design specifically for them.
I have 9 years of working as an ESL instructor in Japan and have a lot of experience teaching phonics, reading and writing comprehension.
Having been born and educated in Europe I have naturally received a more extensive education in European history
and can assist with studies in that area too.
* Sofia High-school of Mathematics
, Sofia, Bulgaria
* Institute of Mechanical and electrical Engineering
, Sofia, Bulgaria, B.S. degree in electronics
During my high-school and university years I studied math and science extensively, with that including 5 semesters of calculus
and 2 of physics
* Completed the Japan Foundation Japanese training course
* Completed ProLiteracy America ESL Tutors' Training
* Currently enrolled in the Santa Fe Community College, Early Childhood Education AA degree course
* 9 years of experience as an ESL instructor, Tokyo, Japan
* 4 years of experience as a math and science tutor
I lived for more then a decade in Japan, and I'm fluent in the language
and familiar with the culture and customs.